Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Etsy Swap 2014: What I Received




It's time to reveal what I received from my partner for the Etsy swap party! Honestly I had so much fun assembling my package that I kind of forgot that I would be receiving something as well. It made it that much more exciting when packages started arriving at my doorstep. That's right, packages, 3 in all. The Etsy pieces came from the sellers with notes and then Lauren sent an extra package directly from her. Which was super cute by the way. It was decked out with drawings and doodles. The crazy part is that I received the coasters and her package on the same day. The mailman even bundled them together.

Backing up a step, I received my goodies from Lauren who is an art teacher and blogs over at Cornwell Fam. I really enjoy her writing style, just read her about page. It will make you giggle and smile while wanting more.

Getting on with it...here are the contents. I love everything, it's like she knows me or something. The sketch book (under the cards) was perfect as I recently started challenging myself with a sketch a day project. The coasters are going to look great under my candles. Something about them just feels so cozy.

A funny side note, I bought my partner the exact same pencil case. In fact when I purchased it I almost bought myself one as I thought it would be a great pouch for in my purse. I told myself NO, you don't need to spend money on yourself right now, it's time to give. When I got this in the mail I was like 'Oh no' the seller mistakenly sent an extra package. Then I found the note.


I also got this great watercolor print done by Lauren, herself. Watercolor is one of my favorite mediums.

Overall I had a great experience with this swap hosted by Meg and Amy. Not only did I send and receive great goodies, I found two new blogs to read. They both fit in with my style and likes. I will definitely join in on the next swap and highly recommend it.

Details: coasters – Simply Spain Designs, pencil case – Silke Jacobs, earrings – Cornwellfam

12 comments:

  1. swoon.
    i love your package!
    the fox print, the rustic coasters, THE OWL! and the pouch! MAN i love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these goodies! It is so rustic and natural, my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! It fits right in with my home decor!

      Delete
  3. I love what you got!!! I think it's hilarious that we both had our eyes on the same pouch!!! Isn't it awesome? And I had bookmarked those exact coasters for my partner before I knew who it was, but then it turned out that I didn't think they'd be her style.

    Keep sketching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like we have similar taste in style :)

      Delete
  4. Ooo... You got some fun stuff!!! This is my FAVORITE swap I've ever participated in!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the swap! It was my first one and man was it a good experience. Can't wait for more.

      Delete
  5. Such a cute little parcel! The fox print! the coasters! I can't even decide right now what I like best. I love that the mail just kept trickling in! :) How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was pretty cool getting separate packages, I love getting mail that's not bills or junk!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great swap! Love those sparkly wooden pens. And what a coincidence that you gave and received that pencil case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, I was so confused when I got duplicate packages. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...