Monday, August 11, 2014

eitsart's history and timeline of events


With any good story there is a bit of history. So before we dive into eitsart's story lets begin with some background info (history). Back in 2010, I was big into arts and crafts. I experimented with all sorts of crafts (scrapbooking, embroidery, painting to name a few). Trying anything and everything really was my creative outlet. This experimental phase opened me up to the dream of opening an online shop to share my creations. eitsart was born.

eitsart (ahyts ahrt) is derived from my last name eitsert (which is German by the way). I always knew I wanted to incorporate my personal name into my brand. When I came up with the name I was testing the waters selling artwork and prints on etsy.  It felt right to mash my last name with the word "art".


In 2011 I really started to expand on this venture. I started focusing on freelance work. I went to college for Graphic Design and have always done a little work here and there for family and friends. It was time to branch out and explore this area some more. Freelance work opened up many doors for eitsart. Doors I never dreamed of, like designing and constructing DVD cases for a local videographer (that deserves a post of it's own).




In 2012 the eitsart esty shop was re-branded and migrated over to storenvy. It was also a featured seller over at Emmaline Bride. The shop now offers prints, wedding invitations, and CD/DVD cases. Soon it will offer baby announcements, party invitations, and other stationary products.

Want to know more? Check out these links
design background // what inspires me // the world around me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...