Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ready Set Actions

photo edited using Alice

I love Photoshop and must say my favorite feature is the actions window. Actions are a way to record a specific set of steps used to edit or alter a photo. Once recorded you can run it on other photos with just one click. You can make your own, find free ones online, or buy them. I have found a few websites with decent quality free actions but to get high quality ones you need to make them yourself or buy them. By high quality I mean once the action has been run you end up with different layers you can alter the intensity. Plus the action does what you would expect.

Recently I purchased the Fresh Collection by ABM. I bought it specifically to edit my daughter's 1st birthday photos. I was pleasantly surprised how well the actions worked and was impressed with the end results. I love that ABM show examples of each action so you can get a good idea of what you are buying. Once you purchase a set you also get a PDF explaining how to get the most out of the actions.

photo edited using Bridgette

photo edited using Pearl and White blur 1

We threw a beach party because Little E loves playing in the bathtub. Plus it was a great way to calm our spring fever. Winter in Wisconsin just doesn't want to go away. She now has plenty of beach toys for when the nice weather finally arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...